Cashier/Food Team Leader Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Administration of Wild Waterworks, the Cashier/Food Team Leader is responsible for assisting the Cashier/Food Supervisors in the leadership, training and motivation and the Cashier, Guest Services and Food Services staff at Wild Waterworks. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of patrons at Wild Waterworks, through the promotion of facility rules and regulations, and providing information regarding the available activities and facilities at Wild Waterworks and the Hamilton Conservation Authority. The Cashier/Cook Team Leader issues daily admission receipts, rents tubes, collects fees, records monies received, controls the turnstile area, maintains the inventory of foods and supplies, serves and prepares consumables and maintains facilities to exceptional sanitary conditions.
Other duties include:
- Assist Cashier/Food Supervisors and Managers during pre-season and in-season training by being a positive role model, organizing/running training stations, demonstrating proper skills and procedures and assisting staff when in difficulty.
- Assist Cashier/Food Supervisors in receiving, storage and inventory of all food and associated products such as condiments, paper products, etc.
- Ensure Cashier, Guest Services and Food Services staff are performing as expected and to the standards, procedures and policies required. Attempt to resolve any conflict or issues within your team before bringing it to the Cashier/Food Supervisor’s attention.
- Assume responsibility for the physical appearance, organization and cleanliness of work stations. Duties may include cleaning floors, windows, dusting, organizing, delivering food and supplies, preparing tubes for rental, washing dishes, planting flowers, watering trees and shrubs and litter removal.
- Take actions as required to ensure the expedient processing of patrons as they enter the facility, purchase or rent items. Ensure customer satisfaction with food quality and value, availability of product and excellent customer service.
- Follow appropriate procedures concerning the safe handling of monies, loss prevention, passes, and confidential information.
- Perform opening and closing, restocking, Cashier, Cook or Guest Services duties as required, and assist in administration and issuing of Wild Waterworks Season Passes.
- Maintaining a daily log book, training logs, park incidents/events, customer interactions, refund requests, staff issues/interactions, unsafe conditions etc. and reporting when necessary.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to facility visitors in a courteous and hospitable manner.
- Respond tactfully to complaints and calls for assistance from the public and take appropriate action while being aware of, explaining and promoting facility rules and regulations.
- Assist and work effectively in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas and employees, including other Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers, while maintaining a positive, professional attitude towards work, customers and coworkers.
- Assist in emergencies and incidents within the facility as requested.
- As part of the Hamilton Conservation Authority team, you may be scheduled and asked to report to a different conservation area to assist with special events, staffing shortages, etc. throughout the length of your employment period.
- Any other duties as assigned to support the team effort at the HCA.
- Various physical abilities including but not limited to:
- Remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time.
- Lifting and carrying products up to 50lbs.
- Climbing and descending from ladders.
- Climbing stairs and ramps.
- Repetitive movements which may require pivoting and reaching.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Secondary school student or graduate.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, demonstrating good interpersonal skills when interacting with the public and fellow staff
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and POS systems.
- Experience with cash handling, food service and public relations.
- A friendly and pleasant personality with the ability to demonstrate maturity and sound judgement.
- Food Handlers Certification.
And even better if you have:
- University or College student or graduate with experience and/or education in recreation management, business, hospitality, or public relations
- Current Standard First Aid + CPR-C Certificate (or equivalent)
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations pertaining to waterparks, waterslides, public pools and food premises.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including heat and humidity.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and sometimes in isolation.
- Ability to demonstrate and help to create teamwork through your leadership
- Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
The work location will be at Wild Waterworks, 680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario. Working hours will be an average of 35 hours per week. This position may be required to work in other Conservation Areas or on special projects for defined periods of time as directed by the Director of Conservation Area Services
To be considered for an interview, the candidate must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of Human Rights Code exemption in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Attention: Wild Waterworks Manager
(please quote “Cashier/Food Team Leader” in subject line and send resume in MS word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.