Cashier/Food Supervisor Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Administration of Wild Waterworks, the Cashier/Food Supervisor position is directly responsible for the supervision of the Cashier, Food and Guest Services staff. The person in this position is responsible for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of patrons at Wild Waterworks, through the promotion of facility rules and regulations, and providing information regarding the available activities and facilities at Wild Waterworks and the Hamilton Conservation Authority. The Cashier/Food Supervisor assists in the planning, coordination and implementation of daily operations of the Ticket Outlets, Food Operations and Rental Outlets. The person in this position is indirectly responsible for the overall supervision and operation of Wild Waterworks.
Other duties include:
- Organize and implement the training, scheduling and direct supervision of approximately 50 Cashier, Food and Guest Services staff.
- Evaluate and document staff performance and take appropriate action including discipline, praise, goal setting, providing additional training and/or referral to management.
- Assist Aquatics Supervisors, Maintenance Supervisors and Managers during pre-season and in-season training by being a positive role model, organizing/running training stations, demonstrating proper skills and procedures and assisting staff when in difficulty.
- Ensure the organization and cleanliness of the Administration building, desk/office areas, concessions, ticket booths and Guest Services.
- Asist with ordering, receiving, storage, and inventory of all food and associated items, all office supplies, and all supplies related to the cashier/food/rentals operation
- Take actions as required to ensure the expedient processing of patrons as they enter the facility, purchase or rent items. Ensure customer satisfaction with food quality and value, availability of product and excellent customer service.
- Assist in interviewing/hiring casual summer staff
- Maintain neat and accurate records of daily admissions, sales, rentals, etc. and analyse and provide summary reports as required for Wild Waterworks
- Count money in cash drawers and calculate total payments received. Complete readout including all necessary paperwork, credit card reports, department reports, and bank deposit
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due within company policy.
- Follow appropriate procedures concerning the safe handling of monies, loss prevention, passes, and confidential information.
- Perform Cashier, Cook or Guest Services Duties as required, and assist in administration and issuing of Wild Waterworks Season Passes.
- Maintaining a daily log book, training logs, park incidents/events, customer interactions, refund requests, staff issues/interactions, unsafe conditions etc. and reporting when necessary.
- Check and Secure buildings/Concessions/Pump houses/Phone Boxes and Facilities
- Provide accurate information and assistance to facility visitors in a courteous and hospitable manner.
- Respond tactfully to complaints and calls for assistance from the public and take appropriate action while being aware of, explaining and promoting facility rules and regulations.
- Check voicemails and emails daily, responding to requests in a timely manner.
- Accurately allocate and approve labour hours including but limited to time sheets, attendance logs, vacation requests and shift change requests.
- Assist and work effectively in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas and employees, including Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers, while maintaining a positive, professional attitude towards work, customers and coworkers.
- Issue verbal warnings and direct patrons to leave where appropriate. Refer occurrences or violations of a serious or criminal nature to the Police.
- Assist in emergencies and incidents within the facility as requested.
- As part of the Hamilton Conservation Authority team, you may be scheduled and asked to report to a different conservation area to assist with special events, staffing shortages, etc. throughout the length of your employment period.
- Any other duties as assigned to support the team effort at the HCA.
- Various physical abilities including but not limited to:
- Remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time.
- Lifting and carrying products up to 50lbs.
- Climbing and descending from ladders.
- Climbing stairs and ramps.
- Repetitive movements which may require pivoting and reaching.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- University or College student with experience and/or education in recreation management, business/accounting, hospitality and public relations.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Ability to organize work, plan activities and set priorities.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and POS systems.
- Experience with cash handling, food service and public relations.
- A friendly and pleasant personality with the ability to demonstrate maturity and sound judgement.
- Current Standard First Aid + CPR-C Certificate (or equivalent)
- Food Handlers Certification.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class “G”.
And even better if you have:
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations pertaining to waterparks, waterslides, public pools and food premises.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including heat and humidity.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and sometimes in isolation.
- Ability to demonstrate and help to create teamwork through your leadership
- Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
The work location will be at Wild Waterworks, 680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario. Working hours will be an average of 35 hours per week. This position may be required to work in other Conservation Areas or on special projects for defined periods of time as directed by the Director of Conservation Area Services.
To be considered for an interview, the candidate must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of Human Rights Code exemption in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Attention: Wild Waterworks Manager
(please quote “Cashier/Food Supervisor” in subject line and send resume in MS word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.