Cashier Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Administration of Wild Waterworks, the Cashier issues daily admission and concession receipts, checks patron belongs, rents tubes, collects fees, records monies received and controls entry and exit points. In addition, the person in this position serves and prepares consumables and maintains facilities to exceptional sanitary conditions. The Cashier is responsible for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of patrons at Wild Waterworks, through the promotion of facility rules and regulations, and providing information regarding the available activities and facilities at Wild Waterworks and the Hamilton Conservation Authority.
Other duties include:
- Inspect bags and coolers and advise patrons of items that are not permitted in the Park.
- Assume responsibility for the physical appearance, organization and cleanliness of work stations. Duties may include cleaning floors, windows, dusting, organizing, delivering food and supplies, restocking condiments and utensils, preparing tubes for rental, washing dishes, planting flowers, watering trees and shrubs and litter removal.
- Process food and novelty sales, including some food preparation and restocking of food items and reporting any deficiencies before they become critical.
- Greet and escort patrons to their cabanas, providing VIP service to cabana users including taking orders, delivering food, clean up of cabana at end of night and restocking cabana supplies.
- Conduct surveys, capacity counts, attendance and sales/rental statistics.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to facility visitors in a courteous and hospitable manner
- Assist and work effectively in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas and employees, including other staff, Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers, while maintaining a positive, professional attitude towards work, customers and coworkers.
- Assist in emergencies and incidents within the facility as requested.
- Follow appropriate procedures concerning the safe handling of monies, loss prevention, passes, and confidential information.
- As part of the Hamilton Conservation Authority team, you may be scheduled and asked to report to a different conservation area to assist with special events, staffing shortages, etc. throughout the length of your employment period.
- Any other duties as assigned to support the team effort at the HCA.
- Various physical abilities including but not limited to:
- Remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time.
- Lifting and carrying products up to 20lbs.
- Climbing and descending from ladders.
- Climbing stairs and ramps.
- Repetitive movements which may require pivoting and reaching.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Secondary school student or graduate.
- A friendly and pleasant personality with the ability to demonstrate maturity and sound judgement.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high level of quality and consistency.
- Must be able to handle a high level of responsibility and respond effectively in high stress situations
- Communicate effectively, demonstrating good interpersonal skills when interacting with the public and fellow staff
And even better if you have:
- Experience with cash handling, POS systems, food service and public relations.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Ability to speak a second language.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including heat and humidity.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and sometimes in isolation.
- Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
The work location will be at Wild Waterworks, 680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario. Working hours will be an average of 35 hours per week. This position may be required to work in other Conservation Areas or on special projects for defined periods of time as directed by the Director of Conservation Area Services
To be considered for an interview, the candidate must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of Human Rights Code exemption in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Attention: Wild Waterworks Manager
(please quote “Cashier” in subject line and send resume in MS word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.