Guest Service Representative Job Description
Reporting to the Assistant Manager Administration of Wild Waterworks, the Guest Services Representative is directly responsible for ensuring the safety and enjoyment of patrons at Wild Waterworks, through the promotion of facility rules and regulations, and providing information regarding the available activities and facilities at Wild Waterworks and the Hamilton Conservation Authority. The person in this position assists with the coordination and delivery of services, processing season passes, cabana rentals, planning events, employee rewards program and implementation, as well as providing activities to the general public and groups.
Other duties include:
- Preform various administrative duties such as typing, data entry and retrieval, filing, and producing accurate admissions, sales and rental records.
- Check voicemails and emails daily, responding to requests in a timely manner.
- Assist in market research and customer satisfaction research as directed by the Management team by conducting surveys.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to facility visitors in a courteous and hospitable manner
- Assist and work effectively in a cohesive team atmosphere with all areas and employees, including other staff, Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers, while maintaining a positive, professional attitude towards work, customers and coworkers.
- Assist with the final confirmation, arrangements and set-up for corporations and groups visiting Wild Waterworks. Coordinate all efforts prior to the group’s arrival and update all departments involved of responsibilities and pending items as the arrival date approaches.
- Establish a line of communication and trust with clients, learning their specific needs and satisfy them as best as possible.
- Assist in providing hospitality and services to groups (cabanas, day camps, wristband only and corporate groups) on the day of the event including greeting, processing entry, food and catering services, activities, and resolve problems and concerns that arise throughout the day.
- Assume responsibility for the physical appearance, organization and cleanliness of work stations. Duties may include cleaning floors, windows, dusting, organizing, delivering food and supplies, preparing tubes for rental, washing dishes, planting flowers, watering trees and shrubs and litter removal.
- Organize added value events, activities and displays for the general public at Wild Waterworks, such as theme days, bands, performers, demonstrations, product giveaways and participatory activities within budget.
- Maintain an inventory of Guest Services supplies and reporting any deficiencies before they become critical.
- Greet and escort patrons to their cabanas, providing VIP service to cabana users including taking orders, delivering food, clean up of cabana at end of night and restocking cabana supplies.
- Assist in emergencies and incidents within the facility as requested.
- Follow appropriate procedures concerning the safe handling of monies, loss prevention, passes, and confidential information.
- As part of the Hamilton Conservation Authority team, you may be scheduled and asked to report to a different conservation area to assist with special events, staffing shortages, etc. throughout the length of your employment period.
- Any other duties as assigned to support the team effort at the HCA.
- Various physical abilities including but not limited to:
- Remain in a stationary position for a prolonged period of time.
- Lifting and carrying products up to 20lbs.
- Climbing and descending from ladders.
- Climbing stairs and ramps.
- Repetitive movements which may require pivoting and reaching.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Secondary school student or graduate.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Ability to organize work, plan activities and set priorities.
- Good computer skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook and POS systems.
- Experience with cash handling, POS systems, food service and public relations.
- A friendly and pleasant personality with the ability to demonstrate maturity and sound judgement.
And even better if you have:
- University or College student or graduate with experience and/or education in Recreation Management, Tourism Development, Business/Accounting, Office Administration, Hospitality and/or Public Relations.
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Ability to speak a second language.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License, Class “G”.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather, including heat and humidity.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and sometimes in isolation.
- Creativity, flexibility, and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, and attention to detail.
The work location will be at Wild Waterworks, 680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario. Working hours will be an average of 35 hours per week. This position may be required to work in other Conservation Areas or on special projects for defined periods of time as directed by the Director of Conservation Area Services
To be considered for an interview, the candidate must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of Human Rights Code exemption in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Interested applicants should email their resume to:
Attention: Wild Waterworks Manager
(please quote “Guest Service Representative” in subject line and send resume in MS word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.